Thursday, September 27, 2007

[off topic] Game Room Cleared --

As you can see from the photo, I've got the "Game Room" end of my Game Room space cleared of boxes.

Now, of course, we have to get the carpet cleaned (it really needs it). Then I can get my Display Case delivered. As you can probably guess, it goes against the blank wall opposite the bookshelving.

The tables in the center of the room for a 5' x 8' surface. And the item in the upper left corner is a "bar refrigerator" for drinks.

To the left, this side of the telephone table, there's an alcove that leads to a bathroom (as well as the guest room and our library).

The second photo looks the other way, back over the tables to the "Social" end of the room. That's where (among other things) the role-playing games will be held. And between the two is where I can set up my poker table.

In total, the room is about 38' long and 15' wide . . . plenty of room. As soon as my dear wife saw it, she wanted the house.

So I am making some progress towards actually having a game room for miniatures (and other gaming).


-- Jeff

12 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I'm speechless... so much room, so much opportunity!

A J said...

Congratulations Jeff! You're the lucky owner of a gaming room, something most wargamers can only dream of. Ah, one day...

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello there Jeff,

I agree -- what a wonderful gaming area. Wow! I'm green with envy. Looking forward to some photos of games on the BIG table.

Best Regards,

Stokes

MurdocK said...

only the carpet to clean then games may start?

he asked breathlessly...

Fitz-Badger said...

Cool! Some day I hope to have that kind of room for gaming. You've given all something to dream about. :-)

marinergrim said...

Envy doesn't even begin to cover it!

Wow Jeff! Wow!

So what's the price of a ticket from the UK to vancouver nowadays?

old-tidders said...

What a fabulous gaming area, you are a lucky chap.

-- Allan

Bluebear Jeff said...

In response to several of you . . . yes, I am fortunate . . . and much of the credit goes to my lovely wife who wanted a good spot for my gaming.

She saw this room before I did and called, that I just had to see it. We love lots of things about our new home, but for my dear bride, that hobby room was the clincher.

I've had several different thoughts about gaming tables . . . and I'll post something about that in a few days (I am still mulling over different possibilities).


-- Jeff

El Grego said...

A lucky man you are, Jeff - a wonderful wife AND a spacious gaming area!


Greg

Frank said...

You lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky man!!!!! How envious I am of that room :-)

Frank

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, what a wonderful room! I look forward to pictures of wargaming going on in it very soon. :-)

You'll have to do a webcam of it so we can all feel we are there too!

David.

11kilo said...

I am green with envy, your room looks fantastic. So much potential. I will use this as a bench-mark. Cheers
Andy