|Map Updated on October 25, 2014|
I might well use this for an upcoming Solo Campaign War between Saxe-Bearstein and those ever-vile Stagonians . . . but using on-line rulers to run the larger aspects of the campaign.
What you see above is a stretch of the the Azkyk mountain range which separates a pair of traditional enemies . . . and unfortunately there are numerous passes through the hills that armies might use.
What I was thinking about was allowing each side the following:
- Four "Field Generals" -- One of whom must protect the capitol.
- Sixteen "Brigadiers" -- minimum of three with each General
- 30 Battalions of Foot -- 6-10 with each General
- 20 Regiments of Mounted -- 4-8 with each General
- 30 Battalions of Militia Foot -- max of 4 per city
- 10 Guns for Field Generals -- 6 light, 4 medium
The Militia troops are not mobile -- they are also of "poor" morale and only usable to defend their own city. (I will have four such units that could be used for either side so that is why a maximum of four per city.)
Indeed, if it was not already obvious, the above numbers are suitable for the troops I have available . . . basically three times my ten units of foot and two times my ten units of mounted.
I still have some painting to do (three of the Milita units) and my rules to polish before I can contemplate running this . . . and, of course, the recruiting of my opposing Ruler/Generals.