First Painting Day --
Well, today was the first time I've really had a chance to do any painting in my new hobby room. Pete of the Duchy of the North came over this afternoon (Sunday) and we put in about 3 1/2 hours of painting.
Now since it is too cold here to do any priming outside (I use a black spray primer), I wasn't able to start on my RSMs since they are still in a bare metal state.
Instead I began re-painting some more of my Great Northern War figures to 'stand in' for my Saxe-Bearstein troops.
While not finished, the figures shown in the photo are the major result of the session. Obviously the flag is not correct for Saxe-Bearstein . . . it is however correct for the ten or so figures that started out as the Danish unit that formed the core of this project. A new Saxe-Bearstein flag will soon appear.
I also managed to get a fair portion of a cavalry unit 'prepped' for the next painting session. Meanwhile Pete worked primarily on his artillery and on getting some cavalry ready to prime.
I've always found that getting together to paint is a great way to get a lot done . . . you sort of 'feed' off of each other, getting ideas and learning different techniques. Also, if interrupted, you get right back to painting (which isn't always the case if you're painting solo).
We'll probably do this again next Sunday, health permitting.