Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Help! Another Period Threatens --

I have too many wargaming projects as it is. You all know of my interest in the mid-18th century. And I'm concentrating this year on my Colonial Project. I have been acquiring lots of books about the English Civil War (a long range project). And, of course, I have a couple of dozen large Ancients armies; WWI aircraft; Pre-Dreadnought battleships, the "Old West" and various odds and ends.

So what did I dream about all night?

American Civil War miniature gaming! I don't have the troops or terrain or rules or any inclination . . . so why am I dreaming of playing them? (It looked like in 54mm too . . . a scale I've never even contemplated).

Why?

And why am I trolling the TMP ACW Message Board looking for comments on various simple fun rule sets?

Am I going mad?

I fear so . . . *sigh*.

-- Jeff

6 comments:

Fire at Will said...

"Am I going mad?

I fear so . . . *sigh*."

jeff, as a compulsive multi-period wargamer I think your condition can be cured, Just respond to the next beggging letter e.g. from a Nigerian prince fallen on hard times, and as if by magic your problem will be solved as you will have no money to spend on these stray thoughts.

Alternatively, just go with the flow, your mental health will be stimulated by the new periods, you'll start painting again with renewed vigour and become more attractice to women (OK, the last didn't work for me)

Enjoy

Will

Capt Bill said...

So many periods, so little time...

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Jeff, just relax and let it wash over you. Simple uniforms, cheap plastic figures, easy to handle, easy to see and paint (or you can buy em pre painted!), the Lone Star floating over head, a rebel cry as you roll the dice.

-Ross

Archduke Piccolo said...

Yep: crazy as a loon. Fun, ain't it?

abdul666 said...

"Dispersion! Ach! Gross Malheur! The bane of many a wargamer!"
The Wars of Acadian Glory seem to be a thing of a past...
Will Saxe-Bearstein disappear from the 'EvE' scene?
Who will 'play' the Duchess of Saschen-Vindow?

MurdocK said...

It is a VILE PLOT! VILE I tell you!

set up a paint day Jeff, I have the boys with me the whole of the next 10 days though.