Monday, April 14, 2014

ECW Royalist Army Composition

I thought that I'd share with you the intended composition of my ECW Royalist army . . . at least as intended at this point (the figures have been purchase but are not yet painted).  Read more about my ECW adventure on my "Project ECW" blog.


Photo of Murdock's Parliamentary Troops -- not mine

First my Foote:
  • Pike & Shot -- 12 units (5 Green, 4 Veteran, 3 Elite)
  • Commanded Shot -- 4 units (1 Green, 2 Veteran, 1 Elite)
  • Dismounted Dragoons -- 2 units (1 Green, 1 Veteran)
Then my Mounted -- 12 total units -- 10 Horse, 2 Dragoons:
  • 7 units of Gallopers -- ( 2 Green, 3 Veteran, 2 Elite)
  • 3 units of Trotters -- (1 Green, 1 Veteran, 1 Elite)
  • 2 units of mounted Dragoons -- (1 Green, 1 Veteran)
Finally the Artillery -- a variety of different sized guns with enough artillerymen to man as many as we are likely to field.

I should note that the above lists are substantially the same as Murdock's Parliamentary Army except that he will have the exact reverse number of Trotters and Gallopers.

-- Jeff

2 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

a splendid army indeed sir!

A J said...

A good period to get into. My club in England plays quite a few ECW games. It's a period I'll collect one of these days.