Well let's see, what progress do I have to report?
Sunday was another "painting day". Pete came over and we both got quite a bit done. Except for basing, I've now finished another three units (eight units if I "cheat").
The foot guard unit is finished as well as two cavalry units (one cuirassier and one "galloper"). I also cheated and made duplicate standard-bearers for the four "blue coat" battalions which sometimes serve as extra troops for Pete (and sometimes as vile Stagonians).
In addition, I've cut some bases for a second "grenzer" unit . . . well, okay, they aren't really grenzers, but they are some odd irregular troops (mainly GNW Russians) that I'll base as Grenzer substitutes.
This means that when I've finished basing, I'll be able to field:
- 11 "line" battalions -- 5 red coats, 4 blue coats, 1 gray coat and 1 yellow-coated
- 2 "grenzer" battalions -- well irregulars at least, based in my LMI diamond configuration
- 12 companies of foot skirmishers
- 10 mounted regiments -- 4 "Heavy Horse", 4 Dragoons and 2 Hussars (really Cossacks)
- several artillery pieces and crews
- assorted Generals and Brigadiers
As for the battles, I don't know if the Duchy of Pfalz-Kognat-Obersayn battle took place this past weekend or not . . . presumably there will be a report soon if it happened.
As for the Landgraviate of Ober-Schweinsberg civil war proxy fight, Murdock and I are set to fight it out next Sunday if we get some clarification on a few details from Jonathan. Murdock will supply the troops and I'll set up the terrain.