Thinking back upon the 'history' of Saxe-Bearstein, I noted that the von Ursas (then called Franscioni) originated in Switzerland. This gave me an idea and I looked up Swiss Beers . . . which helped me fill out the names for my Saxe-Bearstein units.
So, here follows the various names I've come up with for the RSM units which I either have or have on order. By the way, to your left you will see the basic pattern for Cavalry flags. The von Ursa Horse Grenadier standard is shown. As you will note, the basic color of the flag is the "regimental trim color".
Starting with the mounted regiments. Eventually it looks like I'll have seven in total. Three of these will be "Heavy Horse":
- von Ursa Horse Grenadiers -- Red coat trimmed in Black
- von Klosterbrau Kuirassiers -- White coat trimmed in Red
- von Kodiak Kuirassiers -- White coat trimmed in Blue
Saxe-Bearstein looks to have two units of Dragoons:
- Edelbrau Dragoons -- Buff coat trimmed Green
- Wildschwein Dragoons -- Buff coat trimmed Red
- Heineken Hussars -- the Green uniform with Mirlton
- Hopfenperle Hussars -- the Red/White uniform with Busby
The central oval and corner leaves are in the color of the hat tape (generally this is the button color as well -- but not always).
Since I'm in Canada, the flag I've chosen to feature today is that of Infantry Regiment von Molson (Molson is a Canadian beer company whose colors are . . . you guessed it . . . red, white and blue).
Eventually I should have nine Battalions of Regular Foot:
- Furst's Own Grenadier Guard -- Red coat trimmed in Gold
- Regiment von Becks -- Red coat trimmed in White
- Regiment von Carling -- Red coat trimmed in Black
- Regiment von Coors -- Red coat trimmed in Yellow
- Regiment von Grolsch -- Red coat trimmed in Lt. Green
- Regiment von Lowenbrau -- Red coat trimmed in Lt. Blue
- Regiment von Molson -- Red coat trimmed in Blue
- Regiment von Schlitz -- Red coat trimmed in Maroon
- Regiment von Urquel -- Red coat trimmed in Dk. Green
I'm also planning on some artillery pieces and jagers . . . but naming those will come later.