Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm Semi-Back (sort of) --

Well we are now in our new home . . . sort of. Finally got our bed delivered yesterday (I was sleeping on a couch) . . . but much remains to be done. We are still waiting on our kitchen refrigerator and a lot of our bedroom furniture -- not to mention all of the things that we are finding we need to buy.

Right now the only things in my gorgeous "game-room-to-be" are a couch and a "bar fridge" (for beverages).

I've temporarily rigged up my wife's computer in our computer room . . . of course, to get online, I've got a long telephone cord stretched out the door, across the foyer, past a bathroom and the stairs down to the game room and into a phone jack in the kitchen.

This is obviously a very short term solution.

None of my figures are here yet (and probably won't be for another week or two).

However, I did get an email from Richard at DPC to let me know that my newest RSM95 recruits are on the way. So, depending upon how long it takes them to get through Canada Customs, I will soon have some new toys.

The bad news is that the stresses of this move have left me rather ill. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow -- my wife is worried that my bronchitis may have turned into pneumonia. I do know that I'm wheezing a lot and have some trouble with even the slightest exertion.

But I can still think about wargaming . . . which is what I've been doing (when not sleeping or coughing).


-- Jeff

7 comments:

Snickering Corpses said...

Great to hear about your move progress, and your new recruits also, Jeff!

Do take good care of yourself on the health. Hopefully the doctor can clear things up quickly for you. Don't overdo, hmm?

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Jeff!

Good to have you back. I hope you're feeling all right, or at least ok. Glad to hear there are some RSM's on the way -- some figurative chicken soup for your soul, so to speak. That's something nice to look forward to. Things will come together quickly in your new home, I'm sure. Stay off you feet for a while.

Best Regards,

Stokes

marinergrim said...

Chicken soup works so well because of all the zinc that gets dissolved into the stock from the bones. So you see metal can be good for you - probably best not to eat the new toys though!

Take care of yourself friend.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Jeff - congratulations on finally being in, and don't overdo it...

Auston Jeff Butler said...

Best wishes for feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

MurdocK said...

Excellent news!

Sad to know of your little cough though, must have some dark for the silver cloud to shine on though!

Keep at that thinking!

It makes the rest of the pains pass so much faster.

Cheers