Thursday, August 30, 2007

Computer Problems in Transition --

Well I've taken a plunge and I may be having computer problems for a few days . . . .

More correctly, I'm hoping to solve problems we have been having. I've been running Windows XP and it had gotten to the point where it was crashing several times a day.

With the help of a friend, we have wiped my hard drive completely and have installed a Linux operating system.

Right now there are several things that aren't working yet . . . and I've lost ALL of my saved emails . . . ah, in fact Stu had to leave before we could get my email working again. If you email me, it may get bounced back for a few days.

Murdock, I lost the information that you sent to me about what I'll need for the Battle of Stinz . . . . but you probably shouldn't try to resend unit late tomorrow or even sometime on Saturday. There was only one unit that I think that I still needed to base up . . . actually, thinking about it, you can leave a comment here and I'll get it.

I'm actually looking forward to becoming familiar with PCLinuxOS, since I was thoroughly sick of a lot of the Microsplat error messages. Besides, I've long wanted to move to Linux, but didn't know anyone who was using it . . . until now.

Wish me luck, please.


-- Jeff

1 comment:

MurdocK said...

Your troops good sir:

Commanding General:
Gen. Baron Helmut von Pilsner Aggressive -- inertia 3 3 initiative -- 10"

Brigadiers:
Brig. Prinz Gunther von Ursa Political -- inertia 2 1 initiative -- 12" & 8"
Brig. Dieter von Maltz Careful -- inertia 1 2 initiative -- 10" & 5"

Cavalry:
Hopfenperle Hussars (H) Raw
Wildschwein Dragoons (D) Veteran
Edelbrau Dragoons (D) Elite

Infantry:
IR von Grolsch Veteran
IR von Lowenbrau Raw
IR von Becks Veteran